Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Missing loved ones

During the holidays there is always a recognition and reminder of loved ones that are no longer here to celebrate the holidays.  On top of these moments, there are all types of moments where I miss my Nana.  Going through this experience with Michael has made me long for her voice more than the occasional fleeting moment. She always had the right thing to say.  This of course isn’t the first hill I have encountered in my life and every time there was something there it was her advice and perspective that helped me feel confident in my own ability to climb whatever hill I was facing.

I know in these past months she would have been able to sum up everything that needed to be said in just a few sentences. She would have said just the right thing that would help me become grounded it would have been compassionate, understanding, supportive but, mostly just real.  I know my longing for her now more vividly then ever is really me feeling her love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment