Sunday, January 13, 2013

Gluten-Free

We are taking steps to go gluten-free with an official start date of 1/15 (don’t ask why I choose the 15th it just seemed easier than the first). We have done enough reading of parents of autistic children that have found benefits when going gluten-free and I belong to the Crossfit community that really adheres and supports Paleo.  Although I have attempted Paleo before with no long-term success, my menu just isn’t varied enough going in and I end-up eating the same thing everyday.  Boredom = not successful.

Our goal will be six weeks gluten-free and where possible paleo.  I will be tracking our progress, foods we have fallen in love with, websites with recipes and things that didn’t work out so good. The one big watch-out we have is Michael is picky when it comes to meals (snacks are fine).  We are concerned that he just won’t take in enough food.  Either way gluten-free here we come.  I will let you know how it goes and tips are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment