Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pivotal Moments

Life is full of pivotal moments that change the course or the direction we thought we were headed for.  I have been fortunate enough to have some of these both positive and negative that have resulted in several “course corrections.” 

Yesterday, was one of those moments for us as a family.  It was the day we learned we received Michael’s diagnosis. Michael is autistic. Before today, I was confident I would be a complete mess once the words were actually uttered – I was surprising calm.  A sense of finally having an answer and knowing that we will begin down a different path for him – one that better meets his needs and helps him reach his fullest potential is actually comforting. I know in front of us the hills will be higher than we ever thought but, I know together there is nothing we can’t overcome (or in this case adapt to).

No comments:

Post a Comment