Women, moms in general are amazing multi-taskers or are we?
Lately, at work I feel like the little engine that could – but, instead of going up the hill I am slowly rolling backwards down. Now don’t get me wrong I enjoy my job and am challenging more developmentally and just plain old mentally then I have in a long-time. That being said I feel like I am running at mach 10 but, oddly enough not moving anywhere.
There isn’t a meeting I am in that I am preparing for the next meeting or wrapping up from a previous meeting. I am not alone all of us in these “meetings” take them the same way. I am making a resolution for next week to see how long I can last without multi-tasking. I think this will force me to do two things:
1. Really evaluate my meeting schedule. If I think I can multi-task an entire meeting, do I really need to be in the meeting?
2. Focus! Although I think we are all probably decent at multi-tasking I am truly beginning to believe that none of us are as good as we think. A whole bunch of people in a meeting not focused on the meeting itself results in what??!?! Normally a lot of follow-up meetings to actually resolve this issue.
Wish, me luck because as I glance at my schedule for next week I have nearly 6 hours of meetings daily. So I will either, break my resolution by the end of the day Monday or not get any work done.
No comments:
Post a Comment