Most days I am lucky to get 5 – 6 hours of sleep. Which in all honesty for me is plenty but, lately I am lucky if I am catching 2—3 hours of sleep. As a result my patience is thin and I have had this sense of feeling sorry for myself. Gabby is teething badly and as a result she is up at night usually around 12 and 2, 4. Michael has learned to climb out of his crib (which physically he has been able to do for a while but, I think the thought just never occurred to him). As a result it is nearly impossible to get him down and it results in him cuddling in my bed with me to go to sleep (around 10). He would sleep soundly but, since Gabby gets up he ultimately ends up wide-awake at 2:00 ready to jump, run and play.
I attempted to put it in the right context lately that we are fortunate to have two children that love to snuggle and sleep with us. Some day these days will seem like a distant memory and we will be wishing for them back. For now I will try to keep that concept in the forefront of my mind but, it would be amazing to at least get one night of sleep weekly to make up for all the nights we spend cuddling in a bed that is too small for four.
No comments:
Post a Comment