Sunday, November 18, 2012

Michael’s Plan

We met with Michael’s coordinator to create his therapy plan. After setting his goals, and reviewing his assessment --we created his plan.  We are starting with three to four days a week of various therapies (Speech, OT, Behavioral,) with the ability to add or take away depending on how receptive he is and how much progress he makes. With all the reading out there at least I feel like this is getting us starting from here on it is going to be trial and error to figure out what works.

Our coordinator didn’t take but, two steps outside before I thought, “How am I going to do this with work?” Second thought; “What a crappy thought that is to have,” third; “god what a horrible parent I am for thinking about work and not Michael.” Luckly, I am past it now and realize all these thoughts must are normal and typical (not an impression of how good or bad I am as a parent).

I am excited to get started. At least I will feel like we will be moving forward, so far it has felt like we have been stalled. We start this month and have 6 people on “Our Team” which will be working closely with Michael.  Stay tuned on what we hope to be progress or at least help slow down the regression we are seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment