Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Magical Moments!!

Amidst everything that is going on there are still moments that are amazingly magical. Today, we had two of those moments with Michael.

Pete arrived home about 5 minutes before I did (today was our meeting to create our therapy plan).  When he came home Michael said "Daddy" not once but, three times. Part of me is sad to have missed it but, another part of me knows I probably would have been a teary mess if I was. Other than when Michael was just over a year he has not even uttered the words "Mama" or "Dada" when referring to either one of us.  Then about 30 minutes into our planning meeting Michael climbed on my lap and nestled in as is typical when he is tired (we are fortunate that he is an amazing cuddler and LOVES it!) and looked at me and gave me a kiss. My second this week!!! Earlier this week it was at about 3 AM when I couldn't get him to go back to sleep.   It is amazing that admist all that is going on it is almost as if he sense our stress and is reaching out to us to let us know things will be ok.  I know that probably isn't possible but, I am in love with the idea of it!  I am thankful for the amazing magical moments we get to enjoy with him and am looking forward to all the ones yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment